Thursday, October 2, 2008

Seashell app 7 1/2 x6 Oil on wood panel


The real name of this painting is "Floyd". I once lived in a beachhouse in Florida. I walked on the beach every morning just like the beachcomber that I am. But one day a hurricane called Floyd arrived. First let me say that I had never experienced a hurricane. We decided to get out too late. The highway toward Georgia was impacted and my choice was to stay there, in that bumper-to-bumper nightmare, or to go to a building in Edgewater that was supposedly hurricane-proof. By the time we got there it was dark. Because I felt so out of control (scared) that I just went to sleep. I woke up early the next morning to find out that the storm had almost reached our shore when it made a 90 degree turn north and didn't stop till the Carolinas. When we got back home our beautiful beach was mostly gone. This was the last shell I picked up and in a few days we moved back to the Ozarks. Click the image if you want to see brush strokes. And E-mail me at artistjohnwlong@live.com

No comments: