Friday, November 14, 2008

IceCream Dish 5x5 Oil on wood panel


W.C.Fields used to tip his had and mutter "Pardon my redundancy". I posted the Ice Cream Dish several weeks ago, but when I ran across it the other day I was displeased and decided to rework and re-post it. When Salvador Dali wrote "Fifty Secrets of Magic Craftsmanship", he revealed that he turned over a finished painting to his wife, who would place it in unexpected places so that he would run upon it and get a clear glance, thereby to see if it needed to be edited in some way. He pointed out that God had created the world in seven days, so he gave himself 7 days to finish a project. I hardly need 7 days to finish a 5x5 painting however, as I'm not competing with God. I would never get it where I really wanted it though, so I get it done and get it out of my sight. E-mail me at artistjohnwlong@live.com

No comments: